Sunday, January 23, 2011

What is a Wet Bag??

That was one of my first questions when I started out using cloth diapers. I saw the words Wet Bag on many cloth diapering boards. So instead of asking I went searching. A Wet bag is a bag that has a waterproof inner liner, and in the case of Planet Wise, a beautiful cloth outside.
 Whenever we went out with Molly I just put the insert for her cloth diaper in a plastic Wal-Mart bag. YIKES!! You can imagine how many of those we had to use, and it is not very earth friendly I might add. So, after looking up what wet bags were I invested in one for our diaper bag (small size 8x10) from Nicki’s diapers. It was a Planet Wise one and it was beautiful. There were so many patterns to choose from. I got one called Pink Swirl, which I loved.

Pink Swirl

The first time I used the bag I was pleased to find it was a good size for the inserts of my diapers. I put them in by rolling them. I used two diapers while out that first time. When using the grocery bags you could smell urine in the diaper bag. I was so pleased that this was not the case with the Planet Wise bag. It kept the smell in and kept my diaper bag dry. No one would have been the wiser that there were wet cloth diaper inserts in there! I got home, took out the inserts and threw them in my diaper pail along with the wet bag. It went through the wash cycle with my diapers and then back into my diaper bag. There was no leaking, no smells and I am one HAPPY customer! The bag has gone through a few washer and dryer cycles and the fabric is still as nice as it was the day I got it.

To get your own bag you can go to nickisdiapers.com  (I am not part of Nicki's Diapers. I know I recommended them in my last post, it is just where I happen to get my stuff!!)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!!! If I CD'd I would definitely get one...I'll definitely recommend these to anyone I know that plans to cloth diaper.

    ReplyDelete